Translate

Tuesday 2 April 2013

The beginning & Hello All

So my 1st blog ....... What the hell do I write?!?

Well about me:

Im 29 soon to be 30 which Im thrilled about !! Work shifts but not going to say where as later on when moaning about it i might get my self knee deep in trouble. Im married and have the wife to thank for this project, Bless her took enough nagging ;-)

That will do for now ...

The reason why Im starting a blog:

- Wanted to document my project and any interesting adventures on the way.
- Im bored at the min

So why a BMW E30 325I I hear you ask!!

- I have wanted one from college some 12 years ago 
- Wanted RWD
- Wanted a toy / track car
- Sick of modern cars

So onto the reason why writing this blog:

After hunting for months and months and months and months ...... you get the idea. going through stages of frustration not being to able to find anything worth having in budget and debating whether to get a E36 OR MX5 , one finally popped up on a forum and I was on my way to buy it in days , the bloke was fantastic and the car taking into account is 21 years old had very few issues. 

Being picky at this stage as want to document everything and I have probably forgotten the odd thing 

Issues:

- Worn leather and mismatch rear seat but by far not the worse I have seen
- Rust on one rear arch (very minor)
- Random electrical issue meaning passenger side light stays on all the time unless take bulbs out                           obviously as its not magic!
- Requires 4xShocks
- Bearings in heater blower shot
- Needs service to be sure
- Kurbed wheels
- Blowing Exhaust - Due to lows!! ;-)

To say its done 140K ish its spot on.

Drove it home was a right laugh, went with mate as otherwise would have A) Got lost , B) Got bored to tears especially as had to use public transport !!

So some pics from when picked her up:






and then the restoration / modifications began .....

Simon



No comments:

Post a Comment